Reason 7 uses

edited August 2013 in Audio Plugin Player
hey all

just got the plugin and I've got 2 questions:

- can I use APPlayer to process audio tracks in Reason 7? Say I have a vocal track and I want to process it using iZotope Nectar.

- can I use other synths (like Iris or Alchemy) within Reason 7 by using APPlayer?

I just bought the plugin hoping it can do the trick .. (btw IAC drivers setup correctly already)

in case could you please point me to a complete setup procedure?

thaaaanks for the support :) 

Comments

• oki just found a way to use external synths 

for anyone in doubt (with no experience on R7 Midi Out just like me) here's a video I've followed

still I'm looking forward to know about:

- can I use APPlayer to process audio tracks in Reason 7? Say I have a vocal track and I want to process it using iZotope Nectar.

thanks!
  • edited August 2013
    For sending audio from Reason 7 to APP, you're going to need to use a tool to send audio from one application to another - this would include JackOSX, Soundflower, etc...  

Please note though that you can only use a Plugin Instrument *or* Audio Input within APP at one time; you can't use both at the same time.

Hope this helps.
  • edited August 2013
    For sending audio from Reason 7 to APP, you're going to need to use a tool to send audio from one application to another - this would include JackOSX, Soundflower, etc...  

Thanks for the info Dan
    I use Screenflow that includes an audio driver to capture the Mac's audio which is called "RecordComputerSound" .. is it similar to SoundFlower by any chance?

and if so ... could you please please please make a step by step example of how set it up?

I'm sure it'll be useful for other users too ..

many thanks ;) 

• Sorry, I don't use Screenflow, so don't have any experience with that audio driver...
  • oki then

could you please enlight me on how to set up Reason 7 using SoundFlower?

just a very simple example with a simple audio track where I can use an external VST plugin to process it

worst case scenario I will install SoundFlower

many many thanks Dan
  • I don't use either Reason 7 nor Soundflower, so I'm not going to be able to give you a step by step tutorial.  But I just looked on YouTube and there's no shortage of tutorial videos there - I'm sure you'll be able to extrapolate from those to using it with Reason.  I actually saw a Reason 7/Soundflower combo there on YouTube as well, but it was in French...