Suggestions for Cyclic

edited December 2014 in Cyclic
Hey there,

I tried the demo of Cyclic, so far I really like it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. Neverless here are some suggestions to improve Cyclic.

-Rewire: I know you are working on it, should be prio number 1 since midiclock is a lot of hassle
-Lock: an option to lock steps, so everything else except the locked steps gets randomized
-GUI: highlight every 4th step
-shift pattern: option to shift pattern left or right, offset doesn't work if you're on a 32 Step pattern
-pentatonic scales
-set key with double click: its hard to set a certain keys if a scale is active, would be nice if you could set keys for steps with double click

Hope I could help you to get your programm a bit more usefull.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Thanks for your feedback - point by point:
    Flowshi said:

-Rewire: I know you are working on it, should be prio number 1 since midiclock is a lot of hassle 

Yes, with the next version I hope to be able to include this.
    Flowshi said:

-Lock: an option to lock steps, so everything else except the locked steps gets randomized 

Previously requested, and a good idea.  Just have to see if I can implement it.
    Flowshi said:

-GUI: highlight every 4th step 

Noted, another good idea.
    Flowshi said:

-shift pattern: option to shift pattern left or right, offset doesn't work if you're on a 32 Step pattern 

Not sure I understand this one fully.  Are you basically saying that you want the ability to offset negatively, as well as positively?
    Flowshi said:

-pentatonic scales 

I really suck at scales, and have no idea what most of 'em mean that I've already implemented!  I used the Modal Object Library to implement them, and thought VJ (the author of that library) seems like he knows his way around that stuff…  Maybe I need to ask him how I would implement pentatonic scales using his library...
    Flowshi said:

-set key with double click: its hard to set a certain keys if a scale is active, would be nice if you could set keys for steps with double click.

Noted.  Yes, when scales are active, the up/down arrow keys don't work effectively either, which does make it a pain.  I'll see what I can do, but no promises!
  • Actually, I just realized something as I was re-looking at these - the last request, double click note to set it by typing and enter, you can do already; only thing is that you don't have to double click.  Just click once on the value (note, velocity, gate, cc1 or cc2), and you'll see the little arrow appear next to the value to show that it's selected.  At that point, you can just type the value you'd like, and then hit enter.

Embarrassing when you remember functionality that was there all along!  ;-)