App Crashes

I just purchased this app but it crashes on opening. Can you please issue a refund or fix the issue? Using Mac on latest software.

Comments

• Sorry about your experience - can you give more details of your system (what kind of Mac, the exact OS version), including whether you using a third party audio interface, or just the built-in audio?

Re: refund, I'm happy to do that if that's the path you would like to go, but you have to initiate that with Apple, there's nothing I can do on my end (I don't even have the ability to see who has purchased the app).
  • same her, app doesn't start, just pops up in the dock and crashes.
    running 10.13.1
  • edited November 9
    dnigrin said:

Sorry about your experience - can you give more details of your system (what kind of Mac, the exact OS version), including whether you using a third party audio interface, or just the built-in audio?

• i'm running on a 15 MacBook Pro early 2011 i7 on 10.13.1 with built in audio
  • Thanks - it should definitely work on that system, using the Built In Audio. Could you try deleting the following:

/Users/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/Library/Application Support/Audio Plugin Player/
    /Users/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/Library/Preferences/com.defectiverecordssoftware.AudioPluginPlayer.plist

...and then try again? The user Library folder above is normally hidden - to see it, while in the Finder, press the Option key and then click the Go menu, you will then see an entry for the Library.
  • booth of them don't exist, I got the app in my programm folder but no file of it the Libary folder like you describe.
  • if you give me a email adress I can provide you a crash report
  • Sure: dan@defectiverecords.com
  • I've confirmed that there is in fact a problem with the app not starting up properly in some situations on 10.13.1. I'll be working towards implementing a fix soon, stay tuned and sorry for the problem.
  • Version 1.3.1 is now available on the App Store for free update. It hopefully addresses the crashing issue on 10.13.x (as well as a few other things). I'm still wrestling with some plugin's copy protection, which the app is not working right with. Will continue to work on this...