MIDI Questions

edited August 2011 in M-185
Hi Dan,

I am away from my home studio at present but have stumbled across your excellent M-185 & Klee software sequencers. I currently have a MFB Step-64 hardware sequencer and it is a good workhorse, but your sequencers seem a little more exciting. I have a couple of questions:

I understand that you can control M-185 via a MIDI keyboard, does this include transposition of a sequence depending on which key is pressed? This is useful on the MFB as I can write a sequence in C and transpose it up and down on my keyboard.

I think someone else asked if your sequencers transmit MIDI clock, this would be useful as the software I use only slaves. Failing this have you considered making a standalone MIDI clock/transport?

Although I have posted this in the M-185 forum, I would be asking the same questions regarding the Klee too.

Best regards,
M.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I understand that you can control M-185 via a MIDI keyboard, does this include transposition of a sequence depending on which key is pressed? This is useful on the MFB as I can write a sequence in C and transpose it up and down on my keyboard.
    Unfortunately no - the way it works now is that the selected stages (of the 8 possible) have each of their notes controlled by the external MIDI keyboard. It's not transposing a "baseline" note (as on the Klee). I may implement this in the future though for the M185. The Klee also has the Scale constrain feature, which might be helpful for your purpose.
    I think someone else asked if your sequencers transmit MIDI clock, this would be useful as the software I use only slaves. Failing this have you considered making a standalone MIDI clock/transport?
    Not considered making a standalone, but have included the request for transmitting MIDI clock in future versions (of both the M185 and the Klee). For now, why don't you just use a DAW to serve as master for your other software, and for the M185/Klee?

• edited August 2011
    Hi Dan,

Many thanks for clarifying those points. I shall spend some time with the demo versions, when I get back to my home computer.

M.
  • Hi Dan,

I have got my CME UF-60 keyboard to generate MIDI Clock and control the transport of my Reason/Record Duo, so the MFB Step-64 has found a new home.

I can’t decide whether to go for Klee or M185, so I have bought both.

M.
  • A wise choice! ;-)