Plug-in/Chainer for Windows OS - for Cyclic

edited March 2012 in Cyclic
I was looking for a VST Plugin chainer platform in KVR forum to use with Cyclic, Klee and M185 and found a great unit called CHAINER.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/chainer_by_xlutop .... there are some good reviews about it...

This thing is simply amazing, built in 2002 or so, it runs 99% of VSTs with low CPU, you can even have several instances opened, and now is for $45...http://www.xlutop.com/html/shop.html  

Just thought I let you know people, I am using it (also) with Maschine, to lighten up the load...
cheers

Comments

• Yeah, I remember Chainer from when I first released my VSTi Host app, and was considering porting it to Windows.  I didn't in part because Chainer already had the Windows side of things covered quite well!
  • Yeah, I remember Chainer from when I first released my VSTi Host app, and was considering porting it to Windows.  I didn't in part because Chainer already had the Windows side of things covered quite well!
    I wish I found it looong time ago, it has some unbelievable features, like layered sounds, multi channel, morphing, automation, it even records itself, to make layered sounds etc, for later use... I would have been using it with your other sequencers...and other stuff!
    I was gonna buy Bloxpander...glad I didn't..lol

• There's also a free choice, though I haven't tried it recently:  VSTHost
  • is cyclic possible to run inside ableton live or any other daw as a vst midi instrument to drive other soft synths?
    i installed the demo but only see a cyclic demo executable (PC).  i tried installing it under my vst folder and it didnt recognize the .dll files.. i didnt see any reference in the manual.  thanks
  • No, CycliC is not a plugin - it runs only as a standalone.

That said, you can route the MIDI signals from CycliC to Ableton using inter-app MIDI tool.  On PC, this would be something like LoopBe1.
  • I'll give that a try, thanks for the prompt response ;)
  • Great plugin by the way... are there plans to make it a vst midi instrument?  although LoopBe1 works impeccably, i dont see a way to sync to ableton's clock
  • No plans to make it a plugin for the moment.

To get CycliC to sync to Ableton's MIDI clock, be sure that you have set Ableton to *send* MIDI clock, on the LoopBe port.  I believe in Ableton's preferences screen, in the MIDI section, it refers to this as "Sync."

Then just set CycliC to MIDI clock, and choose the LoopBe port.
  • awesome it works as described.. buying Cyclic.. woo hoo!
  • Thanks!!